Some time ago I received a message which promised me a “REAL Neurological Test”.
The idea was to do 3 simple tests. If you pass the 3 tests, your brain is great (probably something like Trump) and you are far from getting Alzheimer.
The tests were like this:
1) Find the letter C from below.
2) If you have already found the letter C, now find the digit 6 from below.
3) Now find the letter N from below. It’s a little more difficult.
Well, I passed the tests by pressing Ctrl+F and searching for C, 6 and N. Easy like Sunday morning.
I also noticed that in the first and third test you can quickly find the line with the hidden letter by looking at the right margin. The C and N are slightly narrower than the O and M, so the line with the hidden character is slightly shorter (or sometimes longer, depending on your screen).
Improving the brain test
I decided to write a script to improve the test. I wanted to make the following improvements:
- First of all, you should not be able to use the search function of your browser.
- Letters should take up the same space so that lines have always the same length.
- The script should allow you to create other tests, with different letters, fonts, colors, etc.
Click here to see the “Hidden Letter” script.
Here are some examples
Here are a few examples of ‘brain tests’ which were generated by the Hidden Letter script.
A Golden Oldie. Find the C.
Find the H.
Playing with colors and more letters can make it more difficult. Find QRS.
And an easy one. Find the A.